Lets get into business. I am really excited to see the way Ruby language syntax is and I am eager to learn this mouth-watering scripting language of coolest nature. During my initial analysis, I learnt that Ruby is,
- Implemented in many other high level languages such as C, Java, .Net etc.,
- Is relatively slower.
- Ruby is a high level language made of a high level language.
- Not suitable for large applications.
- Completely open source and is in a budding state.
- Has a framework called Rails which is good for Agile development
- Community out there is getting better day by day and finding help immediately should not be a problem as time goes by.
- Has significant changes between releases which many developers wont welcome right away.
- Running time cannot be easily estimated since the language has several underlying implementation in several languages. But there are various profilers available to test them.
- Books are always outdated by the time when you finish them.
Now that the premise being established on what Ruby is, we shall learn it and have a comparison/understanding on how it relates to Java.